ISEKI-Food Association (IFA) is an independent European non-profit organisation, founded in 2005 as an outcome of 20 years of thematic network activities for all stakeholders in the food supply chain with regard to education, research, legislation and communication.
IFA has a firm commitment with the lifelong learning of Food Professionals, as well as the promotion of their professional and social recognition. In this context IFA, through the Foodcareers website, offers at the moment Professional Certifications in two areas:
- Food Quality & Safety. A Food Quality and Safety Professional understands the principles of food quality and safety management encompassing planning, control and improvement activities. The criteria include, but are not limited to, the ability to develop, implement and evaluate quality assurance systems in food, implement controls to manage safe food sources and products in manufacture, understand management of food safety in food production, to know and apply food safety regulations.
- Food Product Development. A Food Product Development Professional can successfully transform ideas into high quality and safe products, identify new product opportunities by being fully aware of market place trends and consumer needs and expectations, create new products from the initial concept through to test phase, taking into consideration commercial constraints and/or improving existing products and processes. The criteria include, but are not limited to, knowledge of requirements of food composition and production processes, understanding how to assess production requirements and optimize operational costs (cost-benefit analysis).
Each area offers three job titles (Technologist-Supervisor-Manager), based on the level of responsibility of the food professional. The job titles available for certification are:
- Certified Food Quality & Safety Technologist, a professional with work experience in quality functions (e.g. part of a HACCP team).
- Certified Food Quality & Safety Supervisor, a professional with work experience in quality functions as well as in supervision of a crew of employees. (e.g. managing, developing and motivating a HACCP team).
- Certified Food Quality & Safety Manager, a professional with work experience in positions of higher responsibility in the area of food quality (e.g. management of quality systems).
- Certified Food Product Development Technologist, a professional with work experience in product development functions (e.g. as part of a product development team).
- Certified Food Product Development Supervisor, a professional with work experience in product development functions as well as in supervision of a crew of employees (e.g. managing, developing and motivating a product development team).
- Certified Food Product Development Manager, a professional with work experience in positions of higher responsibility in the area of product development (e.g. setting up and managing the product development and innovation strategy).
Who can apply?
Applicants may have undergraduate qualifications in food or non-food related areas. Applicants that do not hold an undergraduate degree, but can demonstrate relevant experience in the food industry may also apply.
How to apply:
Please find more information about the application.