Applicants are strongly recommended to consult the certification handbook before and during the application.
1) Preliminary requirements. Applicants should do a preliminary self assessment before application, based on the following general requirements:
- Technologist: A degree in FST or food-related area plus 2 years of working experience in the selected area (Q&S or Product Development). Demand in working experience will be lower for higher university qualifications and higher for non-food related degrees or no higher education.
- Supervisor: A degree in FST or food-related area plus 4 years working experience in the selected area (Q&S or Product Development), one of the years in supervision activities. Demand in working experience will be lower for higher university qualifications and higher for non-food related degrees or no higher education.
- Manager: A degree in FST or food-related area plus 8 years working experience in the selected area (Q&S or Product Development), two of the years in management activities. Demand in working experience will be lower for higher university qualifications and higher for non-food related degrees or no higher education.
If these general requirements are fulfilled, you can continue the application process. These requirements are illustrative, and each particular case will be evaluated by the ISEKI-Food Association Certification Committee.
2) Create your CPD portfolio. Upload information on your education, training and professional experience to the Foodcareers website. Your CPD portfolio can be continuously updated and be available in pdf format, whether you apply for certification or not.
3) Select the job title you want to apply for certification.
4) Self-assessment of the required learning outcomes (LOs) vs. your CPD portfolio merits. LOs, as defined by the European Qualification Framework, are statements of what a learner knows, understands and is able to do on completion of a learning process. They are described in terms of knowledge, skills and competences. ISEKI-Food Association has defined the required LOs to attain a certain certified job title (see certification handbook). You will have to indicate which of the required LOs you possess and by which of the CPD merits have you acquired them.
5) Foodcareers recommendation. To be eligible for certification the applicants will have to show evidences of achievement at least 70% of the LOs of each group (knowledge, skills and competences). In that case, Foodcareers recommends the applicant to continue with the certification process.
6) Upload evidences for your CPD merits. Upload the necessary diplomas, certifications and documents to validate your CPD merits. You will find instructions in the certification handbook.
After completing the application procedure, Foodcareers will contact you about the payment of the certification fees and will keep you informed on the state of the evaluation procedure.
To enter the application procedure please click here.
Certification will have a validity of 5 years. At the same time the certification is given to the applicant, Foodcareers will recommend training activities to be done during the certification period, based on the missing LOs or on those needed to apply for a higher certification level. At the end of the certification period, the certified professional will have to show evidences of the training activities carried out and apply for recertification to extend the validity of the certification title for other 5 years.
Applying for a higher certification level
A certified professional who wants to apply for a higher certification level can do it in any time.